Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Part of a Balanced Reading Diet

Still, for me, there is a delicate balance between reading a healthy amount of social media and "wasting time." I'm not really fond of the expression "wasting time," because I think one can do just about anything and not waste time if one is conscious, fully aware of the world. Eeeeeeeehhhhk -- what's that mean?

I don't know, except to say that for my sake, I spent more time than I needed to this morning reading Ricky Gervais Tweets. At first, I was trying to get a sense of what a really funny person would tweet. Then I fell into a trap of redundancy, and before long, I was bored, but somewhat addicted to reading on.

If I am to be honest with myself, my time would have been better spent reading The Jackal or drafting a story.

Not the least of the title from this post comes from watching my kids eat sugary cereal day after day, because one of them, at one point, heard a doctor say that a good breakfast has sugar in it.

Well, yes, my dear, most healthy meals have some sugar in them. Most healthy adults these days do some form of online networking -- that doesn't mean the rest of life can simply disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment